Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR tree... facilitating copying?

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR tree... facilitating copying?
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 13:45:28 +0200

Am Freitag 03 Juli 2009 03:19:47 schrieb Rogerio Luz Coelho:
> Karsten is kidding of course ;-) ... I'm still in the "not-even-close"
> category :)

He is not . or is he ? :-)

Anyway. Just pick one. First learn how to go about it. As I am in the "not
even close" category myself (I think) I have a suggestion.

First. Try to identify the file that most likely needs to be changed to
complete the taks.

Second. Try to find the section that is responsible for a present of proposed
feature

Third. Communicate your findings (success or failure) in private or via
mailing list.

That way you will learn how to read code. You will learn to read like any
other language. In any language you can read and understand earlier than
express yourself (write code).

When I start my humble attempts to code I always look at existing work and try
to borrow/reuse as much as I can.

Sebastian