[Gnumed-devel] Re: web client via pyjamas

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: web client via pyjamas
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 20:18:41 +0200

>>>>> "Sebastian" == Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Sebastian> I have read through some of their documentation an it seems
Sebastian> like pyjamas could be the develop once, deploy anywhere
Sebastian> toolkit.

Right.

Sebastian> On the other hand the web has started to go for the
Sebastian> desktop. Ajax and co have started to immitate desktop
Sebastian> applications.

(Un)fortunately :-)

Sebastian> Having said that it seems that pyjamas is the first FOSS
Sebastian> effort to make apps written in python run in the browser and
Sebastian> the desktop off the same codebase.

Yep. I am not interested in Java nor GWT, but Pyjamas looks great.

Although I named this thread as 'web client', I am inclined to think
about it the way to have future version of GNUmed developed with it - of
course, depending on how much the prsent code is abstracted so one can
get away from wx.

In any case, I'll take a closer look at Pyjamas. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6