Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: automatic rebuild of live-cd

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: automatic rebuild of live-cd
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:27:10 -0700

On 17-Apr-08, at 1:38 AM, Andreas Tille wrote (in response to Sebastian):

I know there is something like a watch file for Debian.

The watch file informs the Debian maintainer about new upstream versions.

I have to admit that I failed to get a notice about new upstream versions

for packages I would like to watch.  I know that I could run uscan on my

machine in a cron job, but I wanted to use the service that is provided

by the Debian-QA team to send an e-mail to the maintainer.  IMHO we should

implement this for all Debian Med group maintained packages - but I have no

idea how to do this.  Any clue?

GNUmed owns and hopes to try to regularly use its list

gnumed-updates

when there are new releases. Would there be an email address that we could subscribe to that list, on behalf of Debian-QA team, that would allow them to automatically get such releases?

It is possible that the list gnumed-updates might be attractive to use for updates that are not affecting Debian (for example I had been thinking the list useful to announce packages ready for X Linux distribution or Y operating system). Maybe that makes a difference, unless Debian-QA team would filter on the received email for "debian" or one of the names releases of debian, otherwise we might have to make a note somewhere to manually email Debian-QA (or Debian-Med) which is the least-preferred option.