[Gnumed-devel] Mac package for client 0.5.0 available

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Mac package for client 0.5.0 available
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 20:16:30 +0200

Hi all,

Based on the excellent work Jim has done over the last couple of weeks I was
able to come up with an updated package.

I did use a slightly different and hopefully shorter approach but it would
have taken much longer with Jim's work.

I briefly had access to a Mac Tiger environment. I managed to replace psycopg2
by its newest version 0.2.12. That is all what is needed.

See the guide here:

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/MacPackages

The package is alpha quality at best and needs someone skilled to maintain it
in the long run.

Future enhancements needed:

write a shell script to replace the gnumed client
base the whole thing on python2.5
write a script to produce a dmg to distribute a user friendly installer
think hard how to handle the server part

I will upload the package shortly. If I get this correctly Jim has done a
package on Leopard already so future versions should be based on his work.

Sebastian