Re: [Gnumed-devel] forms concept (instead of placeholders)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] forms concept (instead of placeholders)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:45:01 +0100

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 01:06:46AM +0200, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:

> > Jerzy, can you supply an XSLT template that you have in use ?
> Here you are (there are Polish fixed text headings, but the structure is in
> English):
> https://www.xythosondemand.com/home/BLZ/Users/jerzy.luszawski/Public/gnumed/application/print.episode.all%20progress%20notes.pl_PL.1-1.xsl
> https://www.xythosondemand.com/home/BLZ/Users/jerzy.luszawski/Public/gnumed/application/print.encounter.in%20clinic%20-%20visit.consultation.pl_PL.1-2.xsl

Looks good to me.

> > Could you make a suggestion as to how to store the query in
> > the template ? (as in which XML tag etc)
> Perhaps
> <xsl:param name="sql_query" select="SELECT ..."/>

How would I go about extracting this using libxml/libxslt ?

We do have the raw XSLT available for parsing in either

        cFormTemplate.template_data

or perhaps better

        cXSLTFormEngine._XSLTData

which is then parsed into an XML tree. I have added some
pseudo-code as to how I would see this work. The code is
wrong but gets the idea across. Please take a look at
gmForms.py !