Re: [Gnumed-devel] state/territory/province/region

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state/territory/province/region
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:33:31 +0100

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 02:13:10AM +0100, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:

> The field "Region" or "State" in patient's demographic is mandatory, but
> there
> is no clue what to enter in case we don't know/ don't want to use it.
>
> It would be nice to have some hint in tooltip.

What shall we add to the tooltip ? I'll do it right away,
make a suggestion :-)

> The Polish regions in the dictionary (dem.state) are spelled without proper
> accented letters,

:-(

> eg "Slask" should be "śląskie" (I wonder if it displays
> properly on your screens :).

Not on my console.

> How can I supply the correct list?

The quickest solution is to mail it to me. It would best be
a utf8 encoded file. I'd include it as SQL with the next
database release.

The "clean" solution would be to use the "update reference
data set" facility of the bootstrapper which would use a
little Python script. The advantage would be that it can do
more complex manipulations with the data.

The best solution, however (because it'd have use beyond
Poland), would be to finish the "edit state/region" feature
under "master data"... (It ain't hard.)

Everyone would love you ! :-))