Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] Start translating GNUmed into your language now

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] Start translating GNUmed into your language now
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 07:56:01 -0700

From Sebastian who is not on his regular email:

From: sebastian-hilbert
Date: October 29, 2009 3:50:09 AM PDT
To: Jim Busser

Please forward to the list.

I have set permissions to open since that (for the time being) will let all Launchpad users contribute instead of members of a dedicated team only. If that gives problems we could set to structured and let only people in the Launchpad-GNUmed-Team do the translations but for now I see no risk.

I have back in time told bazaar where to find the GNUmed CVS and periodically CVS is imported into bazaar.

I have not checked if the translations go missing when importing a template but that should be solvable by importing the template and checking a translated po file into CVS. This should get synced.

I believe they are not parsing the bazaar for po files per se but if you register a template they will try to find it and merge.

Can anyone try to change a string in CVS in say pt_BR.po in CVS and see if it turns up online ?

The safest way to associate CSV branches/releases with translations are to use the branch feature of bzr as well but for the time being one could download the translations for the main branch (== CVS head) once a release is tagged.

We will see how it works.