Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Medication viewing

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Medication viewing
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:50:16 +0100

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 09:47:07AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> So even though we do not yet (compared to problem list) support
> user-defined sorting,

Oh, we now do have two sort/group modes:

        - by episode, then by substance name
        - by brand name, the by substance name

This corresponds to what we've been documenting on the
relevant wiki page.

> Looking over the original suggestion (below), any medications which
> patients have been advised to take in future *if needed* could as
> you say have a future clin_when. If you think about it, this could
> be infinity for a substance that did not need a prescription,
> whereas in my province a prescription is only valid for 1 year
> (narcotics less) so that could eventually be supplied by a
> rules-aware prescribing widget.

This is actually an idea I like much more then clin_when
being NULL.

> Future maybe-meds should perhaps be split out of A to become the new
> group B (clin_when+duration > today) making the shown B and C into C
> and D respectively
>
> Can wx allow row colours based on values?
>
> Suggest to filter / sort:
>
> "Group A" = current (blue) = "soft_stop_date" is {NULL or future-
> dated} and hard_stop_date is NULL
> "Group B" = undefined (orange) = "soft_stop_date" is today-or-past-
> dated} and hard_stop_date is NULL
> "Group C" = stopped (grey) = hard_stop_date is not NULL (NULL not >
> today)

The medication list can filter on is_currently_active and
intake_is_approved_of