Re: [Gnumed-devel] How GNUmed handles form templates

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How GNUmed handles form templates
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 08:21:23 +0100

> > after I tried to correct this by instead setting the master dat (form)
>
> /home/jbusser/gm/cvs/gnumed/gnumed/server/sql/v11-v12/data/GNUmed-default_medication_list_template.tex
>
> when a user would make a change to a master data (for example as I did
> above on the public db) I am having trouble understanding why --- if the above
> is a master change that would affect all users, from all workplaces --- it
> is any good idea since the gnumed middleware or backend would have to be
> permissioned at the OS level to read this file if an attempt were made to
> print from any other machine system level user
>
> also, as soon as I would disconnect my drive from the system, other users
> would be unable to access the file, and would get an error

No, no. The template file is imported into the database and re-exported
to whichever machine is connected whenever that particular form is
to be printed.

> 2) the above file reference simply records the *origin* of a file which --
> as part of the Save -- get also *copied* into the GNUmed postgres database

Yes, that's it. The original filename is pretty much only retained as a
source for the file name extension -- because there's OS' out there
that rely on *that* for mime type detection.