Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.6.rc5

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.6.rc5
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:11:09 -0800

Kirk --> Documents plug-in

referral reports -- part 1 -- double-click -- opens in gedit reporting text
"missing"

1) does GNUmed programmatically supply the text "missing" on identifying an
empty document, or did this document actually contain the text "missing" (since
I notice this was the case for 2 such document parts)

2) as part of opening a document part, and even while waiting for the helper
application to open, the "Edit document properties" dialog also opens but it
floats on top of the part that opens in another application -- it is not
possible to see the entirety of that document unless one shrinks it to fit into
the screen area unoccupied by the "Edit document properties" dialog. I seem to
recall this as a limitation of wx but wondered if there is a workaround?

3) within "Edit document properties", tooltips are present for Episode, Reviews
and the buttons... can tooltips be added for the other fields?

4) within the property dialog, the file pointed-to resides not within the
database but to a /tmp/ file ergo I naturally wonder:

- while it makes sense that we do not want alterations to the original file
(already associated with a patient at a previous encounter), what are the
implications of writing a copy into the client machine /tmp/ and then providing
this copy to the client user? IOW

i) upon completing this document "access", will GNUmed delete what it had
copied into /tmp/ or will that file copy remain a potential risk to the patient
until the system account is logged  out (presumably leading eventually to
erasure of what is in the /tmp/) ?

ii) what happens if the user alters what was opened in /tmp? Is this ignored by
the database unless the suer should decide to manually import this into gnumed
to perhaps "audit" the original record (which is cloned to audit)