Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.6.rc5

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.6.rc5
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:21:57 +0100

> Kirk --> Documents plug-in
>
> referral reports -- part 1 -- double-click -- opens in gedit reporting
> text "missing"
>
> 1) does GNUmed programmatically supply the text "missing" on identifying
> an empty document, or did this document actually contain the text "missing"

It did.

> 2) as part of opening a document part, and even while waiting for the
> helper application to open, the "Edit document properties" dialog also opens

Only if GNUmed is configured to do so.

> but it floats on top of the part that opens in another application -- it is
> not possible to see the entirety of that document unless one shrinks it to
> fit into the screen area unoccupied by the "Edit document properties"
> dialog.

One could also dismiss/minimize/move the properties editor.

> 3) within "Edit document properties", tooltips are present for Episode,
> Reviews and the buttons... can tooltips be added for the other fields?

I believe they all have tooltips but I will re-check.

> 4) within the property dialog, the file pointed-to resides not within the
> database but to a /tmp/ file

It does not point to a file anywhere. It displays the string from
the last alteration of that field, in most cases the original filename.
Again, this is mainly there to supply a filename extension for those
inferior OS' which rely upon such things.

> i) upon completing this document "access", will GNUmed delete what it had
> copied into /tmp/ or will that file copy remain a potential risk to the
> patient until the system account is logged  out (presumably leading eventually
> to erasure of what is in the /tmp/) ?

GNUmed does not erase what it places in the place it was
instructed to use as a temporary directory because it cannot
know when it is safe to do so.

> ii) what happens if the user alters what was opened in "/tmp"? Is this
> ignored by the database

yes

> unless the suer should decide to manually import this
> into gnumed to perhaps "audit" the original record (which is cloned to >
> audit)

yes

Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02