Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed to be all inclusive?

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed to be all inclusive?
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 17:01:47 -0800

On 2010-02-02, at 3:35 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

>       staff usually means non-clinician
>       - "secretary" is long
>       - medical office assistant is long
>       - MOA may not be well enough known

As I think about it, I am maybe attracted to the term "desk" as short for "desk
staff". The long form can be used in documentation whereas the short form (just
"desk") can be used informally among people on the devel list and maybe in some
dialog boxes.

Does this english word translate well, to make clear we would be talking a
(person who serves a) role that is non-clinical?