Re: Text expansions (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed for acupuncture)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Text expansions (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed for acupuncture)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 09:11:57 +0100

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 11:58:41PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> On 2010-01-25, at 5:45 PM, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:
>

>> For example GNUmed has a feature called "Text Expansions"
>> wich you can easily edit in the client and it turns a
>> predefined small text into a bigger paragraph or letter.
>
> Do text expansions work only in SOAP notes?

So far, yes.

> Is "undo" something possible to implement,

It is very difficult to do right.

I don't see the immediate value beyond sometimes being convenient.

The difficulty in establishing a natural place for the menu
option attests to why it is hard -- it isn't well defined.

We do have some "Undo" functionality in a few places (edit
areas, for example, or when editing a progress note).