Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap error on Mandriva 2010

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap error on Mandriva 2010
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 16:44:40 +0100

> So what this is saying is that a Mandriva 2010 PostgreSQL cannot install
> gnumed-server in unicode?

That's what it sounds like - at least in the default install.

Mandriva seems to have chosen SQL-ASCII for the default cluster
which cannot safely host UTF-8 databases. PostgreSQL detects this
situation and tells us about it.

> Can I install the PostgreSQL source and get it to unicode?
>
> Or can I just install the server with unicode if I give it some
> installation parameters ?

You can re-initdb the default cluster or else use a custom cluster.
No need to use PostgreSQL sources.