Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap error on Mandriva 2010

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap error on Mandriva 2010
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:43:04 +0100

Am Sonntag 07 März 2010 20:40:32 schrieb Sebastian Hilbert:
> Am Sonntag 07 März 2010 16:36:43 schrieb Rogerio Luz Coelho:
> > So what this is saying is that a Mandriva 2010 PostgreSQL cannot install
> > gnumed-server in unicode?
> >
> > Can I install the PostgreSQL source and get it to unicode?
> >
> > Or can I just install the server with unicode if I give it some
> > installation parameters ?
>
> I installed Mandriva in a virtual machine so I might as well have a look
> how to drop the current cluster and init a new unicode cluster.

Where is $PGDATA ?

address@hidden ~]# su - postgres
-bash-3.2$ echo $PGDATA
/var/lib/pgsql/data

First you have to make sure that postgresql8.4-plpgsql is installed. I will
try to add that to the dependencies of the rpm.

There is the easy way and the correct way :-)

a)

If you do not have postgresql in use on your system and if you are sure that
you do not rely on SQL_ASCII for the default cluster then there is the easy
way.

Before starting postgrsql for the first time do what is listed below. If you
had started postgresql before the cluster has been initialized already. In
that case back up and remove /var/lib/pgsql/data.

######### This is the quick and dirty way. It might burn your house ##########

Then as user root edit the file /etc/init.d/postgresql.

In the section start() find the line:
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/initidb --pgdata=$PGDATA ...."

and change/insert this '--locale=de_DE.UTF-8 like this':
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/initidb --locale=de_DE.UTF-8 --
pgdata=$PGDATA ...."

You might have to change the de_DE part to your locale as in pt_BR.UTF-8