Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Live CD supports OpenOffice and Latex

From: Petr Mladek
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Live CD supports OpenOffice and Latex
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:29:11 +0200

On Tuesday 27 April 2010, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Am Dienstag 27 April 2010 14:48:38 schrieben Sie:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your email ( see his comments below my original message).
> I have forwared your mail to the GNUmed developer list for better making
> use of your suggestions.

Thanks for forwarding the mail. I have just subscribed to the list to make the
comunication easier ;-)

> I am very glad we now have a contact regarding this issue as is will make
> the user experience much more pleasant.

Yup.

Heh, I checked wrong directory yeasterday (lib vs. lib64). I see .py files
in /usr/lib64/python => After all I am fine with linking the two .py files
there. I could do it in the upcoming OOo-3.2.1.

Anyway, I still prefer the other solution (/usr/bin/soffice symlink and
PYTHONPATH) because it should fix the problem on more distros :-)

> I am forwarding your email to the Debian-med list as well since you state
> that your solution might fix the problem for other distros as well.

Great

> You say you are responsible for the packages. Do you happen to have any
> contacts to the people working on uno as we have some questions regarding
> making most of it from within GNUmed ?

see http://udk.openoffice.org/. You might subscribe at

If you have trouble with a particular API, you might try
address@hidden, see http://api.openoffice.org/. You might subscribe

BTW: You might find interesting also the mailing list
address@hidden, see http://go-oo.org/developers/. There are
subscribed OOo package maintainers from many Linux distributions: Debian,
Fedora, Gentoo, openSUSE, Ubuntu...

--
Best Regards,

Petr Mladek
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                        e-mail: address@hidden
Lihovarská 1060/12                          tel: +420 284 028 952
190 00 Prague 9                             fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                              http://www.suse.cz/