[Gnumed-devel] Invoicing Software

From: Geordie
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Invoicing Software
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 19:48:10 -0400

HI
I have been using Ledgersmb for two years and am reasonably happy with it.
They are slowly moving to a modular system, that is a base setup with extra
modules added as one needs them. It works in a web client (iceweasal,
konqueror) and uses Postgres as the data base. I am familiar with the debian
setup, which was not fun to do, and it is available for fedora and rpm. There
is a movement afoot to get it debian repository, which would greatly help the
install.
There are default templates for a fair number of countries. These are just
starting points, and then some customization is needed. I set mine up for
business taxation section of the T1 for Canada Revenue Agency.
Invoicing is done with a latex document, in which I am just beginning to play
with.
It is not recommended to use with Windows (pain to set up for there are to
many dependencies) which may be a problem for some.
Just to throw out another option.
Geordie