Re: [Gnumed-devel] Clinicians: indications, again

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Clinicians: indications, again
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:02:42 +0200

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 03:32:11PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Of possible interest:
>
> http://sage.wherever.org/index.html

This is highly interesting and just the thing we want to
interface with. Also, Protege (which is the technical
foundation of Sage) has always been the DSE we've been
counting on.

However, I haven't been able to find documentation on how to
*actually* implement a Sage/Protege to EMR linking.

If anyone got pointers for that we could put it on our
agenda.

This also re-inforces the decision to initially concern
GNUmed with the *state* of immunization rather than with
recommendation *compliance* -- which is to be done by and
(preferably external) decision support component -- such as
Sage :-)

And in fact, exactly that use case is documented on the Sage
website.