[Gnumed-devel] Turtorials

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Turtorials
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:41:55 -0300

Hello,

I have been trying to divise a way to market GNUmed (to my collegues at least - for now) and the big dificulty is setting up a local server (they never heard of PostgreSQL) and are all Windows users.

Besides, when I show them the functioning GNUmed they are thrown away by the lack of prescription and the "confusion" that the Problem/Episode/Encounter system works.

So ...

1st - I have started a HowTos page on the wiki http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/HowTos
so we can start to think on How Tos for these issues.

2nd - Wishlist:

I would like to see in the future the Problem List with a separator: Chronic  / Acute
This is somewhat done by the client already by the "grouping" of problems, but my thinking would b e as follows:

- first the problem list could have a difference in permissions for modifications in the Chronic list and a Acute list where even Dr.Joe can make encounters and episodes. This is specially interesting in settings where we have a Clinical Ambulatory and a ER in the same setting or sharing the same EMR.

- second this facilitates the job of doctors while browsing the EMR - besides, acute diagnostics generally aren´t supposed to be that precise ...

Rogerio