[Gnumed-devel] how to best store plugin preferences

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] how to best store plugin preferences
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 13:23:21 +0200

Hi all,

This time I would like some input on how and where to best store preferences
for a plugin

For my plugin I need to have the user set some preferences.
One is to let the user decide if she wants to enable strict input checking or
not.

If strict input checking is enabled for the user it will not be possible to
save an echo report without filling the mandatory fields. Mandatory fields are
defined in the echo guidelines. Future versions of the plugin might bring the
ability to define your own set of mandatory fields.

When you override this setting the report will be saved but flagged as non-
standard.

Other preferences might included ranges of values considered normal.

First iteration will have this check hard-coded and soft-enforced.

Any input is welcome.

Sebastian