Re: [Gnumed-devel] json service

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] json service
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:15:37 +0200

Am Donnerstag 15 Juli 2010, 13:48:55 schrieb Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Sebastian Hilbert
>
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I htought so :-) Since it is working :-)
> >
>  :)
>  :
> > I have now successfully tested the webapp at port 8080: great stuff. I
> > have not tested if it really does two independent sessions if I open two
> > browsers but it all seems to be working.
> >
> > After changing the the passwords in two placess in testjsonrpc it is
> > working as well it seems
>
>  ok, good stuff.
>
>  of course the true test is to create functions where access is denied
> to one user and granted to the other.
>
>  that is what testjsonrpc.py is for - to be used as the basis for unit
> tests, and for you to gain confidence that jsonrpc is going to work.
> and, also, for you to gain confidence in the idea of jsonrpc service
> *without* pyjamas being in the mix.

What you have provided is a solid base. On top of that I am greatful that you
did put the effort in because I doubt I could have ever done it and a few
others that could have did not seem to go the extra mile without cash (which
OpenSource project rarely have).

Once cleaned up you could always direct people towards GNUmed to show how your
work can be used in real life projects.

>  what i recommend that you do now is apply
> 0008-add-JSONRPC-pyjamas-example.patch, and compile it up using
> pyjsbuild: i sent instructions in a previous message, including the
> URL to browse to (on 127.0.0.1:8080 of course).

That I have done already and can report that it works :-)

didn't I mention that  ? :-)

Sebastian