[Gnumed-devel] (FreeDIams) Re: Interactions engine available with Canadi

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] (FreeDIams) Re: Interactions engine available with Canadian drugs database
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:06:32 -0700

On 2010-07-23, at 9:39 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> What exactly is meant by "can be *exported*" ?  Would this mean
> it is "duplicated into" the other databases or would it link to them
> and only exist once ?

As alluded to by Eric, this more correctly means "able now to be implemented
also for"

Eric, in 0.5 will the French linkage remain by INN or will the new schema
depend on French drugs having ATCs?

Also, as the French interactions source may change over time, will we have a
way to identify diffs (that would be less work than reviewing again ~ 5,000
strings despite that some may argue some quality assurance value to it) ;-)

Here is more info for anyone interested re the FreeDIams schema as it relates
to interactions and which maybe makes clearer that it will not matter which
drugs will happen to be included in any particular "Country X" drugs db
provided that
1) its ATCs are included in that db AND
2) the interactions information exists in a suitable language. This will now
include French and English and can include, for example, German if the use case
arises where people will desire to complete a translation perhaps using the
archived suggested method here:

http://groups.google.com/group/freemedforms/browse_thread/thread/8488dd149d9beb3b

FreeDiams 0.2x did not support multiple drug databases however between 0.3 and
0.4 what I believe *had* been a monolithic db was split into a drugs.db and an
interactions (iam) db and the latter consists of

        ATC table
                ATC code
                English possibly INN (from Canadian government source)
                French INN
                German maybe INN

        IAM_TREE table
                …

        Interactions table
                ID
                ATC_ID1
                ATC_ID2
                INTERACTION_KNOWLEDGE_ID

        Interaction_knowledge table
                `ID` INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, `TYPE` INTEGER NOT NULL
                `RISK_FR` varchar(2000) NOT NULL
                `MANAGEMENT_FR` varchar(2000) NOT NULL
                `RISK_EN` varchar(2000) NOT NULL
                `MANAGEMENT_EN` varchar(2000) NOT NULL