Re: [Gnumed-devel] FreeDiams 0.4 -> GNUmed

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] FreeDiams 0.4 -> GNUmed
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 13:17:14 -0700

On 2010-08-01, at 1:06 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 05:35:59PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>>> In GNUmed we allow the Clinician to differentiate between
>>> "true" allergies and sensitivities towards agents.
>>>
>>> I wonder whether to include sensitivities in the list of
>>> allergies to be passed to FreeDiams ?
>>
>> How about "suspected" allergies ? Should I pass those on to
>> FreeDiams as well ?
>
> This question is still open. Also, it doesn't depend on
> FreeDiams explicitely supporting that.
>
> Any opinions ?

I agree it would be useful, for example it may be when coming up with a
possible drug that the doctor asks the patient ... "our record says while you
may not be actually allergic, you had a problem with this or similar medicine,
are you agreeable to try it (again)?"

I am only thinking it would be nice for what is "passed", if unsupported, to
not "break" the passing.

-- Jim