Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Drug interactions software -- significance and de

From: Eric MAEKER
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Drug interactions software -- significance and design considerations
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 00:13:04 +0200

Le 3 août 10 à 22:19, Karsten Hilbert a écrit :

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 12:09:15PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

Larger vendors will often point to the yearly fees they have to pay to their middleware vendors as the justification for the higher maintenance fees and to some degree this is true.

Same here and I do think it makes sense.

This, with FreeDiams, is not the case, however I can
understand how companies which bring in revenues might spend
extra time to improve their data sources.

The data sources can indeed be improved. Checking drug
status (on market etc), checking literature for
interactions, ...

Yes all this can be improved. I've added to the SVN, in BSD licence, all scripts for the drugs databases creation.
All improvements may start from this app : FreeToolBox.

What should be the thinking about allowing users to
contribute interactions to FreeDiams, and of providing the