Re: [Gnumed-devel] More lab test result considerations: groupings

From: lkcl
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] More lab test result considerations: groupings
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:02:53 -0700 (PDT)

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Liz, thanks. Very interesting scenario. I believe GNUmed can
> deal with it - it would import the test result twice.

yes, the gmhl7 import code i've written can cope (as you say by importing
the request and associated test result(s) twice, effectively as if they were
completely separate requests+result(s)).

but at the moment it throws away that LabA->LabB linking info, because
there's no field available in clin.lab_request to store that
cross-association.  jim knows the name of the ORC field i'm talking about,
off the top of his head.  secondary lab provider or something.

it would be kinda good to be able to reflect reality "as defined by the
lab(s)" so that gnumed can alert them that they're barking mad.

l.