Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap error on Mandriva 2010 - not really solved

From: Michael Schütt
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap error on Mandriva 2010 - not really solved
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:28:42 +0200

Am Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:13:20 +0100
schrieb Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden>:

> This report indicates that for some reason an SQL_ASCII cluster gets
> created. My tests indicate that it should be safe to remove it and
> replace it by an UTF-8 cluster.
>
> However if you need your SQL_ASCII cluster see below.
> To initialize a second cluster in another directory issue these
> commands as root
>
> mkdir /var/lib/pgsql/data1
> chown postgres /var/lib/pgsql/data1
>
> - as user postgres (via 'su postgres' ) do:
>
> /us/bin/initdb --locale=de_DE.UTF-8 -D /var/lib/pgsql/data1
>
> - Now change into that directory
>
> cd /var/lib/pgsql/data1/
>
> - and edit postgresql.conf and set the line #port = 5432 to
> port = 5433
> - make sure to strip away the # in front
> - now you have to tell the bootstrap script that postgres is
> listening on port 5433
>
> - go to /usr/lib/gnumed-server/bootstrap and edit bootstrap-latest.sh
>
> - find the line '#export GM_DB_PORT=5433' and
> - remove the # to activate it.
>
> - to start the second cluster on port 5433 as user postgres run
>
> 'pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/data1 start'
>
> -- to stop it run as postgres
>
> 'pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/data1 stop'
>
> - now run as root
>
> gm-boostrap_server

and here I get an error from gm-bootstrap_server

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

gm-bootstrap_server is searching port 5432, not 5433
The same if I use bootstrap-latest.sh, but the changed the port in
bootstrap-latest.sh and uncomment the line!

Please see attached file

Michael