Re: [Gnumed-devel] Confusing dialog "Deleting medication"

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Confusing dialog "Deleting medication"
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:25:53 -0800

On 2010-11-21, at 3:19 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> If we are talking *not* at the main button level, i.e. so we will not end
>> up with
>>
>>      Add     Edit     Edit     Allergy ...
>>
>> but rather **inside** the Delete dialog, I am fine with changing
>> "Edit+Delete" to "Edit"
>
> Yes. Done.

The workflow for Deletion feels awkward and I wonder about an alternative…

Presently, a click on the Delete button prompts the user to (by default) get
passed to the Edit dialog, where --  after likely entering a reason – the user
is prompted to confirm the deletion.

Can I instead suggest:

1) to the future Editing window add (to the right of Started and above "Per
plan") a button "Delete"

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2010-11/pngpGXiw7qjyY.png

        when Delete is clicked, enable "… Reason" and (if Discontinued is null)
populate it with the current date

2) the button "Delete" that already exists on the main Medications plugin can
bring forward the Editing window in the same manner as in #1 or could be removed

??