[Gnumed-devel] Re: how to compile the gnumed to work as a exe

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: how to compile the gnumed to work as a exe
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:29:49 +0100

Hi all,

I am currently packaging the a new version of workplace.zip.

This zip archive contains the complete toolchain to package gnumed client and
gnumed-server for Windows as an exe file.

For this to work you need python, wxpython and a few more installed in your
system or else python.exe and friends are not available during the pacakging
process.

The easiest way to do this is to

grab and install

http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.8/GNUmed-client.0.8.6-1full.exe

it will test if all needed components are there and let you install the
missing ones. You can abort when it asks you to install the GNUmed client
itself since you only need the prerequisites.

The GNUmed client exe is compiled from the original tarball and does not need
any GNUmed client installed in the system.

I recommend you prepare now. I will let you know the link as soon as the
workplace.zip (toolchain) has been uploaded (243Mb).

Best regards,
Sebastian