Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: current medication on kde, snapshot

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: current medication on kde, snapshot
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 20:48:27 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2011, 10:38:58 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 01:30:27PM +0530, address@hidden wrote:
> > It is important for gnumed to adapt to smaller screen sizes of laptops
> > as that seems to be the future. Portability is going to be the future
> > trend.

While I see a diversity of input devices it is more important then ever to get
this straight.

It does not make sense to try to fit one GNUmed user interface into all screen
sizes.

A screen size of 1280x1024 or something in that area is a screensize for the
current GNUmed GUI. It might work on 1024x768 but any screen smaller then that
is not suitable for the current user interface.

For other screen sizes (nettbook, tablet, smartphone) it makes sense to work
on dedicated user interface. Both because the input mechanisms vary and
because the workflow of users with small screen devices are different.

That being said there always is room for improvement of the current user
interface and I appreciate Vaibhav's suggestions.

However in Vaibhav's use case it might actually make more sense to work on a
different user interface for that screen size.

Sebastian