Re: [Gnumed-devel] appointment schedular

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] appointment schedular
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 13:55:31 +0200

Am Samstag, 7. Mai 2011, 10:04:16 schrieb address@hidden:
> Having an online schedular (calendar) has multiple advantages. -access
> -availability.
> Google calender is one such free online calender. Instead of kde based
> calendar, which may not be useful on other platform, should we include
> google calender as a schedular?

Scheduling discussion comes up every few month.

kde calendar can be used on other platforms as well without KDE. I do know
that it installs all kinds of KDE stuff.

So what are the options.

How would one interface to the Google calendar. What is the API. Is there an
python API or other way to access that information. Is it online only ?

In other words what are we going to do without internet connectivity.

How safe is it ? Do you want to schedule HIV check for Mr. Smith in Google
calendar so a bug in their system exposes it to the rest of the world ?

In other words. We can have a look at Google calendar and provide this as an
option.

I would however be glad if we could once again explore all other options
bfeore going with Google calendar.

In other words please list the requirements. What would you like to schedule
and how would you like the workflow to be ?

Please list all the features you would like.

Sebastian