Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accountin

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accounting
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:38:52 -0700

On 2011-05-18, at 2:40 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> What GNUmed should next need is
>>
>> - a table which can hold billable items
>
> Yes that's the selection list of billable items I was
> talking about.
>
>> - for each record in the table
>>
>>      1) use-cases for when they would be created;
>
> I would understand this as "would be copied to become a
> bill(ed) item" (an "invoice line" in ERP speak).

We are talking here tow sets of "things", both needed:

1. a reference / lookup list of the kinds and range of things that are billable

2. a table of actual things that are to be billed-for, per-patient

What I intended by "billable" was

        - here is something I can bill for
                (or that the staff can take care of invoicing for me)

        - here is another thing I can bill for
                (or that the staff can invoice for me)

so in essence, each record in the table would be

        "something actual, per patient, to be billed for, even though this
placeholder record does not itself constitute 'the bill'"