Re: [Gnumed-devel] Communication channel request and (?) bugs

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Communication channel request and (?) bugs
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 07:33:08 -0700

On 2011-06-25, at 2:23 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> - when I down-arrow inside "Channel" I get a double-list of values…
>
> It is English and translation. Perhaps I should make it translation only.
>
> It may be suprising that typing "home" will popup "Heimatadresse", though,
> because the phrasewheels matches on both English and translated strings.

In Canada, the french-speaking community sometimes adopts into usage English
words (more often than the other way around) such that the result is sometimes
caused "Frenglish". However Frenglish is not an ISO language. Same with what
you are describing.

So, while I agree that what you describe would be a "surprise" *at first* it
would quickly stop to be a surprise. Shouldn't the desire to use a non-English
translation of GNUmed -- at the same time as still seeing and using *some*
english values e.g. in a phrasewheel --  require for such user(s) to develop a
custom translation?

-- Jim