[Gnumed-devel] Encounters when importing path / lab test results

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Encounters when importing path / lab test results
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:34:01 -0700

It appears from the schema that encounters need to be unique per patient, even
despite that they might have all been created in a single process (if not
transaction) of test results importing.

Never minding that… in otherwise looking over

http://publicdb.gnumed.de/~ncq/gnumed/schema/gnumed_v15/gnumed-schema.html#clin.table.encounter

1) are we interested to create a "stock" encounter for this kind of event, to
be created (added) to people's table of clin.encounter as part of the future

        v15 --> v16 update

        having description (perhaps)

                'automated data import'
        or      'scripted data import'

        or even just plain

                'data import'

which can maybe then serve as a basis for i18N translation?

2) do we simply ignore that this would (presumably) show up, listed in the

        GNUmed menu > Master data > Manage lists > Encounter types

since even if it would be inappropriately user-selected as a default, such
foolishness would be both correctable and non-fatal?

3) we would suggest, when importing data, to leave .reason_for_encounter NULL ?

4) we might suggest / propose to set

        .assessment_of_encounter =

        <perhaps the name / description of the importer script that generated
the data \
                plus fk to the job?>

        .started =

        <perhaps to the value of the start of the importer script \
                as captured in an import log?>

-- Jim