Re: [Gnumed-devel] Should patients have a "status" ?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Should patients have a "status" ?
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:05:31 +0200

On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 07:18:36PM +1000, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

> Active vs Inactive as suggested
> as time passes people pass between the categories in both directions
> When sorting out how many diabetics have had a HbA1c done in last 6
> months it is needed to exclude "inactive" or your statistics will be
> really bad

Both methods I suggested (.deleted and tagging) lend
themselves to solving this statistical issue.

There's always room for improvement in most things, I agree.

(Say, in the statistics scenario, one would need to take
into account the *history* of active vs inactive rather than
the current state.)

> and while its on my mind
> do you store previous family name or previous address?

Sure. Any number you wish :-)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de