Re: [Gnumed-devel] Suggest to display provider in encounter list (menu E

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Suggest to display provider in encounter list (menu EMR > Encounter list)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:59:57 +0200

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 01:26:21AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > Well, the Journal displays a column 'Doc' listing for
> > example LMcC and it seemed to me a good idea to be able to
> > see, when reviewing recent encounters, which clinician
> > provided care to the patient.

For *that* one would need to scan all tables for rows with
fk_encounter = encounter-in-question aggregating
.modified_by from each.

Conceptually not a big problem.

> > Is the implication that we need to have a created_by column?

That won't help either.

> The alternative would be to capture of the "signer" (takes
> responsibility for) the notes. I think we might have talked
> about this as a possibility, but maybe did not resolve
> anything.

The .modified_by of notes already provides who (last)
meodified a particular row in the notes table(s).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de