Re: [Gnumed-devel] Report generator Visualize button tooltip

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Report generator Visualize button tooltip
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 20:14:20 +0200

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 10:32:44AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> The logic could be expanded to allow a one-column selection which would make
> it a scatter plot.

It could but the better plan is to support templates just
like when plotting test results.

> Shame gnuplot cannot (?) support numeric plus categorical data

Shame no one wrote support for that just yet.

(Come on, you know better !)

OTOH, one can still plot categorical data by using SQL to
turn it into numerical data. Ideally, one would install pl/R
(I seem to remember some such being mentioned on the wiki).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de