Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 20:21:02 +0200

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 10:57:21AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>       ~/git/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmMacro.py
>
> which has
>
> #=====================================================================
> known_placeholders = [
> ]
>
> # those must satisfy the pattern "$<name::args::optional length>$" when used
> known_variant_placeholders = [
>       u'soap',
>       u'progress_notes',                      # "args" holds:
> categories//template
>                                                               #
> categories: string with 'soap '; ' ' == None == admin
>                                                               #
> template:       u'something %s something'               (do not include // in
> template !)
>       u'emr_journal',                         # "args" format:
>
> <snip>

> 1) Is the difference between known_placeholders and
> known_variant_placeholders that the former all adhere to
>
>       "$<name::args::optional length>$"

The comments in the code are meant to suggest that the
*variant* placeholders support arguments while the others do
not (that's why the arguments are explained with those ...)

> 2) is the purpose of the 'u'

It tells Python: this is a unicode string.

> 3) I have had a hard time finding much about
>
>       strftime date format

Typing "strftime date format python" into Google brings up
the relevant link straight away.

It's the format used by Python to format dates into strings.

> when the number 99999 is used, is that a default for the
> fullness of what is possible down to fractional seconds?

It means: truncate the resulting string at 99999 characters
at most.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de