Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 07:18:48 -0700

On 2011-08-19, at 4:05 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> If the box is checked it will
> not preserve already embedded format codes and still escape
> not-yet formatted parts. It will do NOTHING to the text.
> Preserving is a deliberate decision to act or not while this
> box prevents any action.

Maybe I misunderstand what GNUmed does (or does not do) depending on the box
(non) selection.

For example I inputted $ and _ and % which I think LaTex requires to be escaped
(but maybe not always)… but GNUmed did nothing to them whereas I was wondering
whether or not GNUmed was going to beep at me.

Why would checking the box not preserve formatting codes?

-- Jim