Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 22:24:48 -0700

On 2011-08-17, at 4:09 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> - if the comments day that variant placeholders require arguments, but not
>> all do (in fact) require arguments, then we should not call them
>> 'variant' should we?
>
> The "variant" mostly applies to the output. They typically don't have
> pre-defined output but rather depend on user selection while others
> depend on argument content.
>
> Karsten

The free_text placeholder evokes a widget with checkbox

        Is manually formatted

How about (instead) naming the check box:

        Preserve embedded format codes

so that it can better be a selection of what the users wants *done* and also
adjust the tooltip -- presently per screenshot --

PNG image

to instead say

        Leave this unchecked so that GNUmed can watch for illegal characters
and / or unintended commands.

        Use this option when you have put in raw formatting, like html or
LaTex, that you are confident should be left untouched.

-- Jim