Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:05:32 -0700

On 2011-08-31, at 3:26 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> What is the actual question ?

Looking at the following,

> STIKO           | Juli 2002     | Ständige Impfkommission, Robert-Koch-Ins
> ATC/DDD-GM-2004 | 2004          | ATC/DDD-GM; Systematik\r; Version 2004\r;
> Aust NIPS       | 2005          | Australian National Immunization Program
> SFCVC           | December 2004 | Starfleet Central Vaccination Council
> ATC             | 2009-01-EN    | Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classifi
> ATC             | 2009-01-DE    | Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classifi
> ATC             | 2009-01-FR    | Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classifi
> FreeDiams       | 0.5.4         | "FreeDiams" Drug Database Frontend
> LOINC           | 2.26          | LOINC® (Logical Observation Identifiers

it is not clear to me that any should be "mandatory".

It would be better that bootstrappers not be inserting content which is not
required and whereas one of the sources above (FreeDiams) was a result of my
using it as a prescribing tool and maybe one or more of the others are a result
of my running the v14->v15 fixup (which loaded vbanait's drug list) I suspect
some of the others formed part of a default bootstrap.

Can we establish whether there is any reason (medically) to require that any of
the above be loaded into GNUmed by default?

Where they are unsuccessfully argued as 'mandatory' I would suggest that the
bootstrapper for new databases (which begins, I think, at v2) be refactored to
leave out the sql which is not mandatory and which can simply be left in
[...]/gnumed/data

??

-- Jim