[Gnumed-devel] Vaccine routes: values in clin.vacc_route

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Vaccine routes: values in clin.vacc_route
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:40:27 -0700

1) can we change, either in

        ~/git/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/server/sql/gmClin-Vaccination-data.sql

or in the next maintenance release

        UPDATE clin.vacc_route
        SET route = 'oral' WHERE route = 'orally'

because while 'orally' is *how* the vaccine is administered, the route _per se_
is oral and will more-correctly match the value for route in data packs.

2) can I please be reminded (sorry it is so difficult to keep straight) the
method by which such strings or values are best translated into different
languages? I somehow had the idea that we translate GUI strings in Launchpad
(or with python utilities) whereas table are translated in some additional
table data columns, but maybe that is wrong.

In the case of vaccine routes, should these be represented as a selectable item

        Vaccine routes

in the client menu

        GNUmed > Master data management > Select the list you want to manage

or are the route values to be translated in Launchpad / python utilities?

-- Jim