Re: [Gnumed-devel] Needing to purge anything to get FreeDIiams working?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Needing to purge anything to get FreeDIiams working?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:50:43 +0200

> After I added medication and clicked the Interactions button, FreeDiams
> did not launch.

This I need to investigate. Perhaps a log can help despite no
error being shown.

> So, I clicked the Rx button and this did then launch FeeDiams
> except that instead of showing the medication that I had for Kirk, it
> showed the medications I had previously prescribed.

That is because it looks for the latest available prescription
stored in GNUmed. You'd have to delete that from among the documents.

> With this addition from FreeDiams, the Interactions button would now
> launch, but after I deleted the medication which I had just accepted from
> FreeDIams, the Interactions button would again not respond.

That would seem to suggest that GNUmed does not find any medications
which it can check - which seems to make sense as you say "after I
deleted the medication". Which interactions do you intend to check
when there are no active medications ?

> Adding another medication via listings in GNUmed did not restore
> Interactions responsiveness.

That, again, would need to be investigated. I would, again, assume
that GNUmed does not find sufficient data to think that it can usefully
ask FreeDiams to calculate interactions.

> So I clicked the Rx button and, just as before,
> FreeDiams offered me the old 4 medications

Same reason as above.

> except that when I clicked closed the
> instance (which I am sure had been newly evoked) I found another one
> immediately after, which *did* offer me a FreeDIams window which did show me
> the
> two medications which I had added purely in GNUmed.

That I can't explain off-hand except I would assume a timing issue.
To find out whether it is handling related or a code problem we
would need a way to demonstrate this.