Re: [Gnumed-devel] Needing to purge anything to get FreeDIiams working?

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Needing to purge anything to get FreeDIiams working?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:29:37 -0700

On 2011-09-14, at 6:50 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> That is because it looks for the latest available prescription
> stored in GNUmed. You'd have to delete that from among the documents.
>
>> With this addition from FreeDiams, the Interactions button would now
>> launch, but after I deleted the medication which I had just accepted from
>> FreeDIams, the Interactions button would again not respond.
>
> That would seem to suggest that GNUmed does not find any medications
> which it can check - which seems to make sense as you say "after I
> deleted the medication". Which interactions do you intend to check
> when there are no active medications ?

Actually, there are. What I was saying was:

- I had started by deleting all of Kirk's active substances (but, as you point
out, not the previously-saved FreeDIams documents)

- I had then *added* to Kirk a medication NOT via FreeDiams prescriber but
instead using the GNUmed client GUI, selecting from among the newly-populated
brands in GNUmed. This was the stage at which, despite Kirk having medications,
the Interactions button was unresponsive

- when I said
        'after I deleted the medication which I had just accepted from
'FreeDIams''
… this only meant deletion of Kirks *second' medication overall (i.e. the one I
had accepted to add via FreeDiams) at a point where I had retained the new one
that I had added from the GNUmed GUI

- after I added a *second* medication *via* GNUmed GUI, interactions did what I
referred to in the original email

Mind, you, I have been running my laptop for over 10 days (2 weeks?) without a
reboot in order to keep alive various shells in psql while working on the data
packs and also keeping alive two GNUmed sessions (one from git and one from
client 1.0xrc) and I need to install some system updates anyway.

So I will tuck away my most recent log and if the problem reproduces, will send
it.

-- Jim