Re: [Gnumed-devel] Key pairs (natural, calculated) and WHERE NOT EXISTS

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Key pairs (natural, calculated) and WHERE NOT EXISTS
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 07:42:41 -0700

On 2011-09-17, at 3:49 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> It may help to generate a whole new SQL statement for each
> indication such that each INSERT already knows and does not
> need a CASE.
>
>> Is my only option to write the candidate values into a staging table, and
>> then assemble the candidate link pairs via join?
>
> That would be another option.

A combination of the above is what I decided to do… I created a staging table,
into which I inserted

        one-to-many indications per vaccine ingredient (non-unique across
vaccines)

where some ingredients are a combined toxoid against two infectious entities.
This results in 283 indications across 68 distinct vaccines (albeit some of
those indications are null where the ingredient that is represented adjuvant
ingredients have no particular indication).

> A third option might be to create a suitable plpgsql
> function and run that appropriately.

Maybe when I am more capable to try it :-)

-- Jim