Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 13:00:28 -0700

On 2011-09-25, at 12:37 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> What I don't know is whether -- in the case of
>> interruptions invoked from outside the script -- the
>> transaction will remain "open" such that new activity in
>> GNUmed will be lost on account of delayed failure of a
>> commit.

I meant

        'delayed failure of a commit and therefore a rollback'

> :-)  No.

because… following an interruption in the data pack process, the connection
eventually dies and any new activity issued from the originating client will be
a new process inside a new connection?

In which case… what is it that allows new connections without re-providing the
GNUmed userid and password (i.e. without re-autenticating) ?

-- Jim