[Gnumed-devel] on releasing 1.0

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] on releasing 1.0
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:37:43 +0200

Hi all,

I am happy these days that GNUmed is so actively developed. Among interest in
translations Jim really has beefed up his work.

Considering all this now is the perfect time to release 1.0

Let's not make the mistake to want everything working perfectly for 1.0

There will be even more important releases in the future that very much benefit
from the proposed changes. The main goal for 1.0 is to get the new changes out
to the people.

So unless there are significant parts missing I vote for getting it out now.
Getting it out will have the added benefit of getting more feedback because
most users only test packaged versions.

Best regards,
Sebastian Hilbert