Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu item Correspondence > Write letter

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu item Correspondence > Write letter
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 07:44:53 -0700

As may be surmised, I am playing quite a bit with the placeholders and what
they output into the reports.

When I think of

        S - O - A - P notes

I would consider and expect the

        A ssessment

to contain the kind of narrative that is deliberately user-inputted into this
kind of row. However, there is another kind of content which gets inputted into
narrative rows (also recorded as row type 'a') and the latter result in quite a
few interspersed rows which communicate

        Date    Provider          (row type)    Narrative

        date1   LMcC             a              Episode: <foo>
        date2   LMcC             a              Episode: <bar>
        date3   LMcC             a              Episode: <fu>
        date4   LMcC             a              Episode: <tomaki>
        date5   LMcC             a              Episode: <phou>
        date6   LMcC             a              Episode: <etc>
        date7   LMcC             a              Episode: <etc>
        date8   LMcC             a              Episode: <etc>

which disrupt brain-parsing of what is going on with the patient.

To this point, I have not put that many notes into GNUmed, so maybe I am
missing some other function that these (rather duplicative-seeming) rows need
to serve.

More specifically, if it is necessary that they be marked of row type 'a'
instead of null? Do we lose anything if we would in future make such rows of
type 'null' instead of 'a' ? This way, they could still be selected (when
desired) to be included in a 'dump' of rows by including, in the placeholder
argument

        '::soap //'

the space. That would afford all such rows (plus those that would be considered
administrative) to be included in the output.

??

-- Jim