Re: [Gnumed-devel] client v vs database v mismatch and write-protecting

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] client v vs database v mismatch and write-protecting old databases
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:33:22 -0700

On 2008-09-06, at 3:59 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> The client checks at startup which database it connects to
> against which database it wants to connect to. If that doesn't match it will
> refuse to connect. Unless the user explicitely said they want to have a choice
> and then DID choose to ignore the warning.

Up until now, I had been ignoring the following message at logon but I am
wondering what is the proper way to deal with this, when setting up a
production system?

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
GNUmed database version mismatch.

This database version cannot be used with this client:

 client version: 0.9.11
 database version detected: unknown database schema version, MD5 hash is
[50ea1c7b5d47da196d0a2bdedfa235da]
 database version needed: v15

Currently connected to database:

 host: <localhost>
 database: gnumed_v15
 user: any-doc

The client will, however, continue to start up because
you are running a development/test version of GNUmed.

There may be schema related errors. Please report and/or
fix them. Do not rely on this database to work properly
in all cases !

-- Jim

-- Jim