Re: [Gnumed-devel] schema verification

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] schema verification
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:39:11 -0700

On 2011-10-24, at 12:26 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> I am not sure I understand the real world relevance of such
> esoteric arcana no one in his right mind is ever going to
> look at unless forced to by abysmal circumstances.
>
> Karsten

Well, mine was not the decision to produce and supply the reference information
in the fingerprint.

Mine was only the suggestion to take what is there, and to disambiguate the
hash as to whether it represents a hash of

        the *structure* (tables, column types) of the database

(which is what it is, but may not seem to be, as compared to the alternative of
a hash of)

        the entirety of the database

which AFAICT is the hash that is generated and which one would send when
processing one's database backup via gnotary.

-- Jim