Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUMed SOAP vs SOAPless progress notes

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUMed SOAP vs SOAPless progress notes
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 23:16:04 +0100

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 05:39:51AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Richard got me to thinking when he wrote offlist
>
> > I've taken the approach in my software I aways would have liked gnuMed to
> > take
> > - my progress notes are a plain sheet of paper - rich text editor,

There is no usable rich text editor available within wxWidgets.

> > and A4
> > page, no subdivision into restrictive categories like SOAP.

I should like to see evidence to the restrictiveness of SOAP.

It is about as restrictive as saying:

        Money in an account is either debit or credit.

> that as far as I can recall, GNUmed wishes it to be the
> clinicians' decision whether they wish to manage their notes
> granularly (splitting out S vs O vs A vs P notes) or whether
> to input their narrative as free-form.

Sure.

> GNUmed could make this easier if it would provide a clone
> of the Notes plug in (call it SOAPless notes) whose right
> side would provide a single edit area.

Indeed. If someone were to write such a plugin GNUmed could
provide one. It might - behind the scenes - default the SOAP
category to NULL = NONE = administrative.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de